How do I ask a good question on the Snort list?
Many of the questions asked on the Snort list contain very poor or incomplete information, so this is a guide on how to ask a good question:
- Explain the problem you are having. What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish?
- Paste the output of ‘snort -V’ (without the quotes).
- Paste the entire command line you are using to start Snort.
- Paste any output you receive (an error, a crash, any verbiage that’s on the screen.)
- Paste your snort.conf file at the very end of the email.
This will help us get started helping you figure out your problem so you can solve it.