The XML Security Database Parser class in the XMLSecDB ActiveX control in the HIPSEngine component in the Management Server before 18.104.22.168, and the client before 1.6.450, in CA Host-Based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) 8.1, as used in CA Internet Security Suite (ISS) 2010, allows remote attackers to download an arbitrary program onto a client machine, and execute this program, via vectors involving the SetXml and Save methods.
CVSS base score 8.8
CVSS impact score 9.2
CVSS exploitability score 8.6
- ca host-basedintrusionprevention_system 8.1
- ca internetsecuritysuite_2010 *
- ca internetsecuritysuite_2011 *
Ease of attack
- Talos research team.
- This document was generated from data supplied by the national vulnerability database, a product of the national institute of standards and technology.
- For more information see nvd.